Labor Day Weekend Recap!

Labor Day weekend was an unplanned one this year! Ryan was working all weekend, I am working today and since I had no major plans Saturday and Sunday it was a good weekend to get stuff done and see some friends on the way!

On Friday our friends had a going away party for their daughter who is going to be spending the semester in Italy. The highlight of the evening was making homemade cannolis!!



These ones were all gluten free!!


All week I have had a light on my car that said "Other Maintenance" and google wasn't super helpful so I drove to Nissan for 7am Saturday morning. When I got there, there were 10 cars in front of me before the place even opened... urg. BUT the service guy knows me since I regularly do my oil changes there so he came over after he realized it was me and checked it out for me! Apparently it was a default setting for so many miles so he turned it off and sent me on my way! I was so revealed that I didn't need to spend my whole morning there!


...But instead I spent the whole rest of Saturday cleaning the apartment. It needed it BAD. 4 loads of laundry, our guest room was a disaster zone, the tub needed to be cleaned, etc etc. I spent 6 straight hours cleaning before I crashed and watched Pretty Little Liars on Netflix before Ryan got home. 

Ryan got home from work around 7:30pm and we went our for dinner enjoying some steak salad and cod.

Sunday started off with this guy...



And the afternoon was spent celebrating Miss Sophia's birthday party! My friends family is Albanian and apparently the birthday tradition with them is to do a lamb roast.

 

I loved the birthday decor! 







 

I feel like the above photo should be captioned, "When you have to bake your own birthday cake" 

Hope everyone is enjoying their labor day!
I will try and live vicariously through you all while I am at work!

Comments

Popular Posts