Girls Weekend in P-Town

Last weekend I had a girls weekend with a couple of my roommates from college! Exactly two years ago we got together in Fort Lauderdale, FL and this year we went to Provincetown (or P-town for locals) in Cape Cod, MA. P-town is as far as you can get in Massachusetts and since it was a bit of a ride for us we left mid day on Friday!


After checking into our AirBnB in Wellfleet we drove to Cooks Brook Beach on the bay side of the MA arm. The tide was really far out so we were able to walk pretty far out. There were tons of snails and hermit crabs which were fun to play with and we even saw a dead horseshoe crab which was interesting to look at.

 


We stayed until we got hungry then made our way to the Beachcomber for dinner. The Beachcomber is a pretty popular spot on the weekends so we had a bit of a wait but that didn't matter at all because the view was so beautiful! 




There were signs everywhere about Shark Safety because there was a shark attack close by just the week before! There are tons of seals on the Cape right now and because of that some Great White Sharks! Luckily we didn't see any on our visit!


We had it timed perfectly because we were able to watch the sunset and then our buzzer went off in time for food!


  

I love going to the beach and beachy restaurants but I always have a problem picking out food. I don't like seafood and that is usually all you get at places by the water! So it was good ole chicken tenders for me for dinner!


As we were driving home we had to pull over because the moons reflection on the water was amazing (pictures do not do it justice)!


When we were on our vacation to Fort Lauderdale, we watched the sunrise on the beach so we thought it would be fun to do that this time too! It was gorgeous and we had the whole place to ourselves!









 After enjoying our time watching the sunrise in pajamas we went back to the AirBnb and enjoyed some naps! Later in the morning we made our way to Marconi Beach (one of my husbands favorite beaches).



Marconi is popular for its steep sand dunes and cliffs.



I only went swimming once because there were a lot of seals and it is good practice not to swim when there are seals because of the sharks.... the water was also super cold so I didn't feel the need to go in again!


Our afternoon was spent shopping and exploring in P-town! P-town is the quintessential beach town and is super friendly to the LGBTQ community. We had a ton of fun strolling up and down the streets enjoying ice cream, shops and the beach views!



 

 



 



The next morning was something I was super excited about! A Whale Watch!! Apparently I have been on one when I was super little but I don't remember it so this felt like my first one! After a 30 minute boat ride, we started seeing so many whales!

 







 





At the end we were riding through these big schools of fish and then we saw a whale bubble feeding! Bubble feeding is when they blow bubbles in a circle and trap the fish in the middle. It was super awesome to see because you would see the bubbles right before the whale came up! I got some super awesome videos which you can check on my Instagram (nikoleshooshan).

 





It was an amazing way to end the weekend getaway!
Our college did a good job sticking us together 10 years ago and I love our family reunions! 

Comments

  1. Yay!! Can't wait until I can join for a trip haha but so glad I got to be the meeting point and see you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts