We'll Keep Our Day Jobs: Sugar Cookie Decorating

So my boyfriend and I attempted to decorate sugar cookies this weekend. #EpicStruggle. How can you mess that up?? Well apparently we can. We even took the easiest route you could take - we bought the Pillsbury pre-shaped ones (mostly for the time convenience and we do not own any cookie cutters #ApartmentLifeStruggle). 

Blunder #1: We left the cookies in one minute too long. The box has in big bold caps: DO NOT OVER COOK. The directions said 8-10min so we were like, ok heading the warning we will check them at minute 7. Come minute 7, they were still too under cooked so we put them back in… then we sort of forgot about them. Don't worry - we didn't forget about them too long! The smell of browning cookies sort of wafts the apartment. They were not horrible, just a little toasty on the edges. Nothing frosting couldn't hide. 

Blunder #2: We tried to use frosting decorating bags. I do not normally use decorating bags for my baking… instead I own frosting tips and just buy the twist-on frosting packages. Well this time we decided to be fancy. HA! These were a mess! You get frosting all over the place and no matter how fancy you think your being, it's sort of just a struggle. Probably won't be trying this again for some time (though this is a lie since we used 3/12 bags… whoops).

Blunder #3: My boyfriend and I apparently lack patience when it comes to decorating cookies. We started off with 24 cookies, lost one to a falling on the floor casualty, ate another raw and then ate another one right out of the oven… that left us with 21 cookies and we both were done decorating by the time there were 10 left. Not to mention we lack frosting decorating skills. My boyfriend is a painter in his free time and I am crafty on many different levels but let me tell you - where we do not succeed is  cookie decorating! 

Here are our cookie struggles: 

So the moral of the story here is not to let my boyfriend and I near Pillsbury easy bake products or frosting. We had a blast though and the frosting really does hide to toasty parts! heehee

Hope you have better luck cookie decorating then me! <3 WC  

Comments

Popular Posts