Here’s To Boldness: A Note Passed at Lunch

Last week my coworkers and I went out to lunch for our annual Yankee Swap (see my earlier post on how to play and for some gift ideas here). We were sitting down at a pretty casual restaurant waiting for the entire group to arrive. I was sitting in a middle seat with people on either side of me, and our backs were to the wall. 

A guy comes over and sticks his arm in front of my coworker to the left of me and sticks a folded up note right in front of me and says, “This is for you” and then leaves. I never actually even looked at the guy, it was that fast.

This is the note:

Can you talk about bold!? First off, I am completely surrounded by people. Second, what an extremely direct note!

So here is the thing. I have been in a relationship for the last 5 years and haven’t ever had to date in the “real world” post college. I find myself extremely grateful for this. In a world of Tinder where you need to swipe right if you have any interest in someone, I could totally see myself becoming a hermit and avoiding dating all together. It just seems like so much work! So here I am sitting at lunch, and I get a 5th grade style note passed to me. #CompleteShock

This has NEVER happened to me. It caught me completely off guard. Not to mention my coworkers then proceeded to tease me relentlessly and pass the note around the table taking pictures of it. Poor guy... not sure he saw that coming when he decided to bravely give me that note.    

What followed next turned into a pre-lunch debate – do I call the guy and tell him that I am taken but thanks, 
I am flattered, or do I just completely blow him off? I’ll be honest here, he really did make my day. Being told you are beautiful by someone you are in a long term relationship with is nice, but to hear it from a complete stranger… totally had me blushing for hours. This mindset did make me want to thank him in a way. On the other hand, we live in a world completely full of weirdos and by not contacting him, he will never know who I am. I ended up siding with the second option. I still feel strange knowing he was completely blown off, I’m sure that hurts… but I do take comfort knowing that if a guy could write a note like this to a complete stranger, I am sure he will bounce back!

To you, bold note man from lunch last week, thank you for making my day, telling me I’m beautiful and giving my coworkers something to tease me about for the next year. I hope you eventually find the love of your life so that you can call her beautiful everyday.

In other news: Ladies! There are some single bold guys here in New Orleans! Merry Christmas! <3 WC

Comments

Popular Posts