Celebration in the Oaks



I have lived near New Orleans for a year now and one of my favorite places to go is City Park. I love taking advantage of the free activities such as the outdoor sculpture park, finding all the old beautiful stone bridges and just general park exploring. The park is so big that every time I go, there is something new to see! … And now that it's Christmas season the park full of festive cheer! 

Over the weekend I went to Celebration in the Oaks for the first time… one of City Park's seasonal events! My co-workers have been talking it up and since my cousin was visiting, it was a perfect time to check it out. Celebration in the Oaks is a holiday light festival throughout 25 acres of the park. I was skeptical when I heard there was an entrance fee ($8) … mostly because in my head Christmas magic should be free! But man let me tell you… it was so worth it! There were lights that danced to classic Christmas songs, "lands" with themed lights, a story-telling light show that would change as the story was told, a decorated minature train set, an actual train ride through the park and tons of Christmas trees decorated by local schools! Something for everyone and it really was magical! I was loving it so much, I barely took pictures, but here are some of the ones I remembered to capture! 


If you live in the area I totally recommend taking a trip by! It goes till January 2nd and its a perfect night-time adventure!  You can get more info here

Feeling the holiday spirit <3 WC

Comments

Popular Posts