MIA

Guys. I have been Missing in Action. I have been having a hard couple months and that has reflected in my blogging. It started off with me just wanting to take a week off then a week turned into a month and then it became really hard to get back into it. 

My husband has been working every day of the week for 12hrs each day. That on top of his commute, he is gone 14 hours of the day and we do not cross paths very often. I am not allowed to go into the details of this online but it has been really hard for me and us. It has been close to 140 days of this schedule and it doesn’t look like it is ending any time soon. Not really how we expected to start off our marriage. By the time my husband comes home at night, I am usually half way to bed. It has been strangely lonely only seeing him a total of ~8 hours a week. 

Because of this, I have been working a lot. I recently traveled to TX and have been putting in some 12 hour days myself because I have no real motivation to get home at night. I haven’t really wanted to see family or friends because most of the time they just want to talk about Ryan’s work stuff and it just makes me depressed.  

So I have been hanging out with people that don’t know my husband. Its super weird to put that connection together but I have been gravitating toward seeing people who won’t bring him up. I have spent a lot of time with work friends or friends I had before college that knew “me” before I was a “we” and don't really want to talk about that sort of stuff.

Then this past weekend I was hanging out with my friend who just came back from 6 months of military training and I was talking to his wife who has been alone through all of this. I'm not sure how she did it! It really puts it in perspective. I need to remind myself that I am not in a long distance relationship and that this is the best time in our life to be doing this crazy schedule. We don't have kids yet and I am competent enough to distract myself for a couple more months.

I am telling you all this because I love blogging but I like to blog about the fun things in my life. I like keeping track of the adventures and events but lately I have felt like typing up a post seems forced. But do not fret! I think I just needed a decent break! 

There are a lot of fun things coming up - I just celebrated 3 years of blogging, I am going to Seattle this week and nothing brings me more joy then talking about the holidays! 

I think for now, I am going to lower my personal bar to having a post a week until I get back into the swing of things! I have missed you all and this little world. 

So sorry I have been MIA but I am slowly coming back!

Comments

Popular Posts